We’re looking for a Social Media Executive to join the Project Storm team!
If you’re passionate about captivating copy, sensational strategy, and engaging emojis – then you might be the perfect fit.
Check the spec for our Social Media Executive position 👇
As Social Media Executive, you will be taking the lead from our Account Manager/Editor to develop an appropriate and engaging social media strategy for a range of clients. Your job is to boost visibility and customer and client engagement through creating dynamic content, analysing usage data, facilitating customer service and managing campaigns.
As a Social Media Exec, you’ll need to:
• Work with the PR team to develop a social media strategy and set goals to increase brand awareness and increase engagement
• Manage client social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Instagram
• Plan content and delivery using tools like Hootsuite and Asana to manage multiple social media channels
• Develop and manage campaigns that promote our clients and their brand
• Support the PR team with other copywriting tasks such as blog posts and e-newsletters
• Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
• Monitor and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
Our normal office hours are 9am to 5.pm Monday to Thursday and 9am – 4pm on Friday. However, you may be required to work longer due to the nature of the business.
What to expect
You’re likely to find the role challenging but rewarding, as social media and the wider digital marketing industry is a continuously changing and fast-paced sector.
You’ll usually be office based but may sometimes need to travel to meet clients or attend relevant networking events and conferences.
Dress code is smart casual.
A qualification in either English, Marketing (particularly Digital Marketing), Media and Communications or Public Relations would be advantageous but not essential.
You’ll need to have:
• A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to advertising/branding and customers
• Strong editing and writing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques
• Knowledge and understanding of algorithms and search engine optimisation
• Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
• Strong verbal communication skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and clients
• Organisational skills, with the capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects
• The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Data analysis skills and statistical prowess to draw actionable insights
• Online community management and customer service skills to strike the balance between publicity and stimulating direct discussion with potential and actual customers
• An eye for detail and the ability to work accurately
• Excellent team work and networking skills.
Relevant experience is preferred by not essential.